- 1 whole Butterball turkey (size of your choice)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of chicken or turkey broth
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Make sure your turkey is fully thawed and remove the giblets and neck from the cavity.
- Season the Turkey: Season the inside of the turkey cavity with salt and black pepper. Place the lemon halves, garlic, rosemary, and thyme inside the cavity.
- Butter Mixture: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, brush the turkey with the melted butter, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Season the Exterior: Sprinkle salt and black pepper generously over the exterior of the turkey for a flavorful crust.
- Roasting: Place the turkey in a roasting pan, breast side up. Add the chicken or turkey broth to the bottom of the pan; this will help keep the turkey moist during roasting.
- Roasting Time: Roast the turkey in the preheated oven. The general rule of thumb is to cook the turkey for about 13-15 minutes per pound. However, always follow the cooking instructions provided on the Butterball turkey packaging for precise timing. Remember to baste the turkey with pan juices every 30 minutes to keep it moist and flavorful.
- Turkey Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey. It’s ready when the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F (74°C).
- Resting: Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 20-30 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute, keeping the meat moist.
- Carving: Carve the Butterball turkey into slices and serve with your favorite sides like stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy.
A Butterball turkey is a fantastic choice for a delicious and festive meal. The butter and aromatic ingredients infuse the turkey with rich flavor, and the result is a tender, succulent bird that’s perfect for holiday gatherings or special occasions. Enjoy your Butterball turkey!