For the Salad:
- 1 package (9-10 ounces) of cheese or spinach tortellini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- Cook the Tortellini: Follow the package instructions to cook the tortellini. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool them down.
- Prepare the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. If you prefer a tangier flavor, you can also add the juice of half a lemon.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large salad bowl, combine the cooked and cooled tortellini, halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, finely chopped red onion, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Add Dressing: Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients. Toss everything together gently to ensure even coating.
- Garnish: Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the top of the salad. This adds a burst of freshness and color.
- Chill and Serve: Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Before serving, you can give it a final toss to recombine the ingredients.
- Enjoy: Serve your Greek Tortellini Salad as a refreshing and satisfying side dish or a light meal.
This Greek Tortellini Salad is a delightful combination of Mediterranean flavors, and the tortellini adds a unique twist. It’s a perfect option for a summer gathering or any time you’re craving a light and delicious salad. Enjoy!