- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (preferably Panko for extra crunch)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Your Airfryer: Set your airfryer to 375°F (190°C) and let it preheat for a few minutes.
- Prepare the Breading Station: In three separate shallow dishes, create a breading station. In the first dish, place the flour. In the second dish, beat the eggs. In the third dish, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix the breadcrumb mixture thoroughly.
- Coat the Chicken: Take each chicken tender and coat it first in the flour, then dip it in the beaten eggs, and finally, coat it with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken to ensure they adhere well. Place the coated tenders on a plate or tray.
- Airfry the Tenders: Lightly spray or brush the chicken tenders with cooking oil to help them crisp up. Place the tenders in the airfryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they don’t touch. You may need to cook them in batches, depending on the size of your airfryer.
- Cook in the Airfryer: Set the airfryer to 375°F (190°C) and cook the chicken tenders for about 10-12 minutes. You should flip them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning. The tenders are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve: Once the chicken tenders are cooked to perfection, remove them from the airfryer and let them rest for a minute before serving. They’re great on their own or with your favorite dipping sauces like barbecue, honey mustard, or ranch.
These English-style chicken tenders are a crowd-pleaser and perfect for a quick and easy meal or snack. The airfryer ensures they’re crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, without the need for excessive oil. Enjoy your homemade, healthier version of this classic comfort food!