- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) of your favorite pasta (e.g., penne, rotini, or bowtie)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook the Pasta:
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it’s al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Prepare the Ranch Sauce:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ranch dressing, sour cream, mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried dill (if using). Mix these ingredients until well combined.
- Season the Sauce:
- Taste the ranch sauce and season it with salt and black pepper to your liking. Remember that the ranch dressing and Parmesan cheese already contain some salt, so go easy on the salt until you’ve tasted it.
- Combine with Pasta:
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the bowl with the ranch sauce. Gently toss the pasta in the sauce until it’s evenly coated with the creamy ranch mixture.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Sprinkle the chopped chives or green onions on top for both a pop of color and added flavor.
- Chill (optional):
- You can serve the ranch pasta immediately as a warm dish, or you can chill it in the refrigerator for a few hours if you prefer it as a cold pasta salad.
- Portion out your ranch pasta into bowls and enjoy your creamy and flavorful ranch pasta dish.
This ranch pasta is a quick and simple recipe that’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, or as a side dish for a barbecue. It’s creamy, tangy, and packed with ranch flavor.