- 2 pounds (about 900g) rockfish fillets (or any white fish of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Sliced green onions (for garnish)
- 1 lemon, sliced (for garnish)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, grated ginger, and minced garlic. This will be your Asian marinade.
- Place the rockfish fillets in a baking dish, and season them with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Pour the Asian marinade over the rockfish fillets, ensuring they are well coated. You can use a brush or spoon to spread the marinade evenly.
- Let the fish marinate for about 15-20 minutes to absorb the flavors. You can refrigerate it during this time if you prefer.
- Once marinated, place the lemon slices on top of the fish fillets, and then sprinkle sesame seeds over the top for added flavor and texture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- After baking, remove the foil, and switch your oven to the broil setting. Broil the fish for an additional 2-3 minutes until the top is slightly browned and caramelized. Keep a close eye to prevent burning.
- Remove the baked Asian rockfish from the oven and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Serve your baked rockfish hot, over rice or with your choice of steamed vegetables, and enjoy the delicious Asian-inspired flavors.
This Baked Asian Rockfish is a delightful and flavorful dish that’s both healthy and easy to prepare.