- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance acidity)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, and onion powder to the saucepan. Sauté the herbs and spices for about 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- If you’d like to balance the acidity of the tomatoes, you can add sugar to the sauce. Taste and adjust the sugar, salt, and black pepper to your liking.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Once your pizza sauce reaches your desired consistency, remove it from the heat.
- Let the sauce cool a bit before using it as a pizza sauce on your pizza dough.
This easy pizza sauce is perfect for making homemade pizzas. It’s quick to prepare and adds a burst of flavor to your pizza creations. Enjoy!