- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Start by shucking the corn, removing the husks and silk, and rinsing the ears under cold water.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add a pinch of salt and carefully add the corn on the cob. Boil the corn for about 5-7 minutes, or until it’s tender. You can adjust the cooking time based on your preference for corn tenderness.
- While the corn is boiling, you can prepare the sweet and savory glaze. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the honey to the melted butter and stir well. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened. You want a smooth, pourable glaze.
- When the corn is done, remove it from the boiling water and let it drain briefly.
- Brush the hot, cooked corn with the honey-butter glaze. Be generous with the glaze to add that sweet and savory flavor.
- Season the corn with a sprinkle of salt and a dash of black pepper to taste.
- If desired, garnish with some fresh parsley for a touch of color and freshness.
- Serve your Jamie’s Sweet and Easy Corn on the Cob while it’s still warm, and enjoy!
This recipe is quick and straightforward, and it adds a delightful combination of sweetness and buttery richness to your corn on the cob. Perfect for a summer barbecue or as a side dish for any occasion.