- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and cook until they are no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the egg noodles and dried thyme. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, and the noodles are tender, your chicken noodle soup is ready.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and serve hot.
This simple recipe should yield a delicious and comforting chicken noodle soup in no time. Enjoy!