- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and sugar. Set this sauce mixture aside.
- Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds or until it becomes fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add the broccoli florets and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until they become bright green and slightly tender. You can also add a splash of water and cover the skillet to steam the broccoli for a few minutes if you prefer it softer.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and pour the sauce mixture over the shrimp and broccoli.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and coats the shrimp and broccoli. If you like a little heat, you can add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the Shrimp with Broccoli in Garlic Sauce over cooked rice.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Shrimp with Broccoli in Garlic Sauce, a flavorful and healthy dish that’s quick and easy to prepare!